Business Development / Home Care Liaison
Job Postings / Posted 1 week ago
Build and Maintaining Relationships with Referral Sources for the Nation’s Leading Provider of
Home Care Services
Are you a dynamic sales / business development professional with stellar Emotional Intelligence (EQ)? If this
sounds like you, consider becoming a Business Development / Home Care Liaison for TheKey. This is a role with
exciting opportunities and the ability to grow and expand. Consider just a few of the advantages of this role:
● You will make a visible impact and be able to showcase your skills in multiple areas, including sales,
relationship building, and more. This is an excellent role for a go-getter who is energized by a changing and
complex environment with a lot of moving parts.
● As a mission-driven organization, you will enjoy the satisfaction, autonomy and fulfillment that comes with
knowing that you are positively influencing our patients, clinicians and health care community as a whole.
We are proud of our supportive and inspirational leadership group and unique culture, and we will look to
you to continue to cultivate and foster this positive, transparent and “people-first” environment within
your assigned region. We have high but reasonable standards and you’ll be working with a team of
● Pivotal to your success will be your ability to establish credibility and build trusted relationships with a
variety of colleagues, referral sources, external stakeholders and other key contacts.
TheKey is the largest and fastest-growing provider of premium “aging in home” services. We offer concierge-level
care management and in-home assistance to seniors through 56 owned and 100 franchised sites that are
strategically located in large, affluent markets throughout the United States. Core tenets of our holistic approach
are based on the lifestyles of the longest-living people in the world and promote a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
We founded the company in 2005 as a passion project to help our own family members “age in place” in the
comfort of their own homes. We quickly realized the home care market was fragmented and old-fashioned, so we
expanded our presence via a franchise expansion strategy to over 100 markets in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.
Today, we have thousands of clients and have become the market leader in this fast-growing $25 Billion industry. .
We are unique in that we are the only at-scale, national provider of private pay, non-medical care with an
owned-store strategy. With plans to aggressively expand our owned-store footprint, there is tremendous
opportunity to build a lasting and valuable company – and we’re just getting started.
As the Business Development / Home Care Liaison, you will be responsible for building and maintaining referral
relationships, acquiring new clients, ensuring overall satisfaction with TheKey services, and coordinating with local
teams to ensure the provision of high quality service. You will be the face of TheKey in the communities as you also
serve as an advocate for older adults. Your referral sources will include the Healthcare ecosystem (approx. 60
percent) with contacts such as senior living communities, geriatric care managers, skilled nursing facilities and
hospitals. The remainder of your time will be spent with sources in the Legal/Financial world including elder
law/estate planning attorneys, wealth advisors, fiduciaries and conservators, corporate bank trustees and long
term care insurance advocates. As you can see, there’s a wide net of referral sources and stakeholders that you will
need to interact with on a daily basis.
This is a purposeful role and your activities will help our clients improve service delivery to patients, enhance
quality of life and improve outcomes.
You will be responsible for maintaining a book of business that meets and exceeds established revenue and client
acquisition targets. Regardless of whether you are stepping into an established market or a start-up territory, your
goal will be to continue to re-win relationships / business and pursue new referral accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. More specifically, your
essential duties and responsibilities will include:
● Building and maintaining relationships with referral sources in the community to build brand awareness
and new clients for TheKey. Ensuring the satisfaction of the referral sources worked with to generate
ongoing, long-term business
● Building priority lists, advancing relationships, tracking personal activity effectively and completing all the
other necessary steps of successful referral marketing as outlined by the Business Development Process
● Representing TheKey in networking groups, at events, on committees and in other community settings
● Responding to prospective client inquiries, whether in-person, via phone or web form, and ensuring they
receive the information they need
● Learning the assessment process and conducting assessments with prospective clients as needed,
addressing their questions and concerns, building relationships with their families and converting them
into long-term clients
● Communicating effectively within the team to ensure that the care plans meet the clients’ needs, that
stakeholders and referral sources are satisfied, and that relevant information is communicated in an
effective and timely manner
● Providing active relationship management when needed for existing referral cases – this may include
home visits, referral meetings, family meetings, and more.
● Providing after-hours support for referral partners, prospective clients, and active clients (incl. evenings
and weekends) – this support may include e-mail, telephone and/or home visits
● Helping team to ensure that client accounts are up-to-date – especially when referrals are received from
clients’ legal/financial advisors, coordinating with the finance/billing team, and communicating with
families and/or financial managers when needed
● Maintaining a working knowledge of TheKey requirements and obligations where licensed as a Home Care
Agency, including the obligations to clients and caregivers
● Maintaining a pulse on the strategic position of TheKey within the market, identifying new opportunities
to enhance TheKey’s reputation or build the referral base, helping to implement new programs and
national/regional initiatives, and helping the team members to better understand the competitors and
potential new team members as relevant
Additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To be a good fit
for this opportunity you will also have:
● One plus years of sales experience preferably in health care / home care / or related field
● Excellent customer service and sales skills
● Computer proficiency and ability to document sales activity timely and accurately in the Salesforce
● Familiarity with Zoom / video conferencing, social media platforms and Google products
● The ability to use market intelligence, analytics and data to make informed decisions throughout the
● Current driver’s license and proof of insurance; ability to travel 80 % of the time in the field
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
● Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment in which change is the norm
● Attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate, high quality work, balanced by a down-to
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● An entrepreneurial spirit, drive and goal-oriented worth ethic
● High energy and a positive attitude, with the ability to excel under pressure
To excel in this role you will be passionate about creating awareness about long term care services in the local
communities you serve. The ideal candidate for this position has deep emotional intelligence and a personal
commitment to always doing the right thing.
It’s important to note that this is a challenging, nuanced sale with a long, consultative cycle. The right professional
will view this as an exciting opportunity versus a challenge. Since you aren’t selling a tangible product you will need
to “tell a story” and leverage your proven influencing skills to educate our clients and ensure they understand the
full value that our services provide.
In addition to establishing rapport with external referral sources, your success in this role will also rely on your
ability to establish strong working partnerships with your internal operations team. So much of this sale is in
partnership with the Client Care Manager, Staffing Manager, and other contacts and it requires an entire team
approach to execute a sale. You’ll need the ability to navigate through tough conversations with multiple
stakeholders, decision makers and family members involved. In a nutshell, you will be the liaison between the
referral source, customer and internal team; navigating and driving synergy between each of these key contacts.
You will know you’re succeeding if you have hit the following KPIs/goals: activity, leads and revenue / client starts.
Awards and Affiliations
TheKey is consistently recognized as a first-in-class service company. Here’s a small sampling of a few of our many
EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Lily Sarafan
● Every year, the professional services firm, Ernst & Young recognizes top entrepreneurs who create services
and products that help our economy and communities grow. Home Care Assistance CEO, Lily Sarafan,
received the 2016 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in the Northern California region.
INC Hire Power Awards
● The INC Hire Power Awards recognize companies with impressive job growth, contributing to our overall
Innovations in Healthcare℠ ABBY Awards
● The Adaptive Business Leaders (ABL) Organization recognized Home Care Assistance as a semi-finalist for
their innovative brain health program, the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™.
Alzheimer’s Association, Alzheimer’s Workplace Alliance
● As an AWA Corporate Champion, Home Care Assistance proudly educates, supports, and provides tools for
staff, clients and professional contacts as they learn about, research and care for individuals affected by
● People living with Parkinson’s disease can now have the latest care recommendations incorporated
into their personal care plans thanks to a partnership between Home Care Assistance, North
America’s leading provider of in-home care for seniors, and the Parkinson’s Foundation. Home Care
Assistance care teams, including the highly trained and credentialed experts who coordinate services for
seniors and their families, can now incorporate the foundation’s latest research into customized care plans
for clients with Parkinson’s.
Career Growth Potential
History shows that if you invest in your role at TheKey, we’ll invest in your career. In this role, you’ll be able to
showcase not only your business development expertise but also your team collaboration skills and ability to
deliver results — all characteristics we look for when advancement opportunities arise. In fact, given our strong
growth, we hire with an eye to the future, looking for people with career runway and a desire to grow their careers.
Our People and Culture
Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in
home care. Our team members embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of
older adults. Our mission is to be the premier partner of choice for families seeking personalized, dignified care for
their aging loved ones. We champion the well-being of our clients, deliver peace of mind to their families, and
instill pride of purpose in our care teams, each and every day.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
The information contained here is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it
intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
assist qualified disabled persons to perform the essential functions of the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements
of the job change.