Business Development Liaison - CareDiem Home Care
Job Postings / Posted 1 month ago
Position: Business Development Liaison – Home Care Agency
Position Summary: Job Type: Full-time; Salaried
Reports To: Administrator
The Business Development Liaison for CareDiem Home Care is expected to develop relationships with referral sources to help grow the agency business. The candidate will be responsible for meeting the volume expectations for referrals and admissions; establishing and maintaining relationships with referral sources; effectively prioritizing accounts, and developing strategic plans to successfully manage and grow accounts. The ideal candidate will be required to submit weekly reports, track referral source development, obtain and close leads by conducting proper assessments (via sofa visits or virtual connection), provide the right documentation needed in signing up prospective clients, run events and attend networking events. He/she should be able to manage his/her schedule efficiently giving time to evening and weekend networking events when needed.
To perform the job successfully the candidate must be familiar if not experienced with the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans, must be a good relationship builder with a great sense modesty and can react and adapt quickly to new trends. Someone who is coachable and an active listener.
- Conduct market analysis; develop sales strategy, goals and plans.
- Confer with Management on a daily & weekly basis for coordination on the marketing plan for current & future growth that documents details of daily progress & contacts visited and new sales leads generated.
- Create a well-developed pipeline of new prospects that can send us referrals for Home Care Services.
- Improve conversion rates from getting leads to signing up clients.
- Pipeline management: manage lead pipeline on daily basis and accurately record activity and information in the electronic system.
- Build trusting and strong relationships that will encourage direct referrals by: – Developing professional CDHC presence in the market – Educating professionals on our value, process, and best practices.
- Maintain known and established community referral source contacts to secure clients for our services ongoing.
- Keep management informed of any referral source concerns and follow up with the referral source to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Keeping abreast of the new and old home care competitors in the area and their pricing and promotional efforts.
- Achieve or exceed referral quota quarterly and annually.
- Approach and communicate our Companies professionalism and long-term track record of high-quality care and deliver presentations on company products & service to SNF’s, CCRC’s, ALF’s and Independent Living, as well as Hospitals, Physicians, Case Managers, Social Workers, Nurses, Discharge Planners and other representatives involved in the discharge process.
- Maintain a well-defined marketing territory that includes regular visits to key healthcare related community contacts and local industry networking events.
- Organize and conduct educational in-services.
- Conduct field assessments/evaluations of prospective/potential clients.
- Ensure that all start of care documentation is signed by clients before start date.
** This is a summary of the position and is not meant to be interpreted as all-inclusive of the responsibilities.
- Familiar with or have a tolerance for Cold Calling
- Developing relationships
- Qualifying Referral Sources
- Time Management
- Networking and Network Marketing
- Event Coordination
- Public Speaking
- Handles Rejection Well
- Results Oriented
- Marketing or related degree preferred but will accept a marketing background with a proven track record of verifiable sales success.
- Marketing Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred, but not required.
- Experienced Home Health Care and Hospice Marketers are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a proficient communicator with a relentless smile that displays a true professional, marked by a ‘Never Give Up’ attitude
- Computer efficient
- Organized and inventive when dealing with problems
- Must display a genuine passion for helping patients.