Director of Entertainment and Programming
Job Postings / Posted 3 weeks ago
Do you want to work in an environment creating unique and innovative programming that helps our seniors age fearlessly and live colorfully? Are you a leader willing to dance to the beat of a different drum? If you’re creative, collaborative, and want to make a difference in the lives of seniors in our community then Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC is the right place for you! The Director, Entertainment & Programming position creates and leads an innovative, exciting program that brings the fun to senior living.
Job Type: Full Time, Salary
- A big smile, innovative thought process, open mind, and desire to create a wonderful lifestyle for our Residents
- Previous relevant experience preferred, but not required
- Experience supervising or directing the work of others preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient in the use of Internet resources and demonstrate an understanding and use of current technology
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must be at least 21 years of age with 3 years of driving experience
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, according to the community’s needs
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our company policy and state mandates
- Provides strategic direction for the community to provide adult-centric, relevant, engaging and innovative activities programming for community residents.
- Tracks resident activity participation, adjusting and developing enhanced programming to elevate resident participation. Evaluates programs to make sure the quality and content of programs fits the needs of all residents and meets Spectrum standards.
- Stays abreast of active aging and generational trends in order to enhance the community programming department; shares relevant information for the professional development of the community team in supporting resident programming.
- Responsible for leading one-on-one, small group and large group programming, according to the programming schedule and direct the provision of those activities by Entertainment & Programming staff or volunteers (i.e., ministers, residents, family members, other Team Members, etc.).
- Procures groups, organizations, and individuals to partner with, perform for or instruct the residents as part of the activity and lifestyle program.
- Leads the development of the monthly program calendar to ensure it is equally balanced with cultural, intellectual, spiritual, social, physical and recreational opportunities
- Develops special events, activities and other programming that enhance the living experience and improve resident quality of life.
- Actively influences and encourages residents to participate in activities, to lead or maintain activities on behalf of their fellow residents, using positive relationships and personalized interactions.
- Develops and manages the resident transportation program and schedule within Spectrum guidelines; including transporting and/or accompanying of residents to and from outside activities in community vehicles.
- Monitors department expenses to ensure operation within community budget.
- When applicable, participates in the review of individual Residents’ Service Plans and documents life enrichment progress every six months or when there is a significant change in the resident.
- Leadership responsibilities include recruiting, hiring, supervising, coaching and retaining high performing department team members, as well as resident and community volunteers (when applicable).
- Promotes Spectrum in a positive manner and leads by example, modeling our Guiding Principles in everyday behavior matched with enthusiasm.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs, including those who may be cognitively impaired.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full Time Team Members:
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance)
- HSA or FSA Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement and;
Part Time and Full Time Team Members:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Holiday Pay
- Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses and various retailers
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA. For more information visit www.spectrumretirement.com