Resource Development Manager
Job Postings / Posted 1 month ago
The Development Officer works with the Executive Director and the PLOWS Council on Aging Board to develop and maintain a successful corporate, foundation, and individual donor solicitation program and to develop and manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects and individual donors. This particular position will be tasked with assisting the Executive Director and other team members of PLOWS with creating a foundation from which to build a resource development department.
- Build a successful giving program by identifying prospects, designing and implementing strategies, and producing materials, proposals, and applications as needed
- Develop and maintain a successful corporate, foundation, and individual solicitation program, including the developing a strategic operating plan, identifying priorities and prospects, and building resources and connections to implement the plan.
- Develop and track strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and recognizing donors
- Maintain the integrity of donor relationships, including the understanding of the needs and interests of major donors
- Work with Board and the Executive Director to secure sponsorship of special events
- Oversee and maintain DonorPerfect; ensure the quality and timely submission of all grant applications, reports and data
- Provide regular fundraising updates to Executive Director and Board
- Track record in fund raising; past success with a capital campaign a plus
- Bachelors degree preferred, along with 3+ years and a proven track record in raising money in a nonprofit environment, including direct mail campaigns, donor relations, and corporate and foundation relationship management
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written presentation skills – especially correspondence with donors and prospects
- Comfortable operating in a nonprofit, resource-limited environment
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Skill with databases and presentations; familiarity/experience with DonorPerfect software a plus
- Maturity to work with highly visible civic, philanthropic, and business leaders
- Upbeat, positive, and energetic approach to work and energized by the opportunity to build the resource development program for PLOWS Council on Aging
All employees must successfully pass a criminal background check.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter, in pdf format, to email@example.com and include the code DEV1020 in the subject line of your email.