- This event has passed.
Become a Certified Dementia Practitioner!
March 9 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$195
If you are a healthcare practitioner or caregiver, who works with Alzheimer’s and Dementia individuals, this course is for you.
In Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care course, you’ll learn alternative therapies and approaches that you can put in place the next day. Led by Dr. Jennifer Stelter, Johns Hopkins Press author of The Busy Caregiver’s Guide to Advanced Alzheimer Disease and dementia expert.
You’ll receive 7 hours of fundamental training for the Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP). The Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar is required for those pursuing certification as a CDP and who qualify for CDP certification.
In addition, you’ll receive 1 extra hour of an in-depth view of non-pharmacological care, including the use of aromatherapy with therapeutic essential oils.
Through this course, you’ll…
- Receive a fundamental education on dementia and dementia care
- Enhance the quality of life of dementia patients through educating care providers
- Foster sensitivity and respect for the dementia client
- Learn various communication techniques
- Be able to provide sensitive approaches for assisting patients with activities of daily living
- Earn 8 CEs!
- Earn your certificate to apply for the Certified Dementia Practitioner Certification
Offering dates in February and March. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/alzheimers-disease-dementia-care-seminars-99379?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=creatorshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=odclsxcollection&utm-source=cp&aff=escb