- This event has passed.
Become a Certified Dementia Practitioner!
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$195
If you are a healthcare practitioner or caregiver, who works with Alzheimer’s and Dementia individuals, this course is for you.
In this hands-on course, you’ll learn alternative therapies and approaches that you can put in place the next day. Led by Dr. Jennifer Stelter, Johns Hopkins Press author of The Busy Caregiver’s Guide to Advanced Alzheimer Disease and dementia expert.
You’ll receive 7 hours of fundamental training for the Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP). The Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar is required for those pursuing certification as a CDP and who qualify for CDP certification.
In addition, you’ll receive 1 extra hour of an in-depth view of non-pharmacological care, including the use of aromatherapy with therapeutic essential oils.
Through this course, you’ll…
- Receive a fundamental education on dementia and dementia care
- Enhance the quality of life of dementia patients through educating care providers
- Foster sensitivity and respect for the dementia client
- Learn various communication techniques
- Be able to provide sensitive approaches for assisting patients with activities of daily living
After this training, you will…
- Have an understanding of dementia
- Confidently identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sun-downing behaviors in adults
- Knowingly describe behavior/care interventions that may prevent or reduce difficult care situations
- Intelligently describe challenges related to caregiver stress and implement stress reduction techniques
- Learn alternative activity interventions that are success-oriented and failure-free
- Qualify to apply for the Certified Dementia Practitioner certification
- Continue the conversation in the NeuroEssence Movement group
- NeuroEssence Workbook (digital copy)
- NCCDP Student Handbook (digital copy)
- Certificate qualifying you to apply for the Certified Dementia Practitioner
- 8 Hours of continuing education credit (choose CE option)
- Free access to the NeuroEssence Movement Facebook Group