Become a Dementia Connection Specialist (DCS) or DCS Certified Trainer!!
June 30 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm$250 – $1750
If you are a healthcare professional or family caregiver, who provides care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia individuals, this seminar is for you.
In this dementia care training, you will master an innovative cognitive-behavioral approach to care called the Dementia Connection Model©, which ties together three key concepts in understanding Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and how to provide the best quality of care. You will better understand the “who?” and “why?” of dementia to provide a quality of life for those you care for. Then, you will exercise your brain in learning how to best implement sensory-based approaches that positively influence the emotions and memories for those living with dementia, enabling positive behavior expressions and a better connection.
In this hands-on course, you’ll learn a ton of non-pharmacological techniques and approaches that you can put in place the next day. Led by Dr. Jennifer Stelter, clinical psychologist, dementia expert, and Johns Hopkins Press author of The Busy Caregiver’s Guide to Advanced Alzheimer Disease , and Jessica Ryan, biologist, educator, and aromatherapy expert.
This seminar date is a soft launch of these new certification programs. You are receiving these trainings at a discounted price in exchange for your valuable feedback. We ask that you complete all requested feedback items at the seminar and post seminar, if needed. Additionally, you’ll receive the registration and application form via email to complete and send back before the seminar date. We are testing out items manually before developing digital versions. We thank you in advance for helping shape these programs to be their very best.
Through the Dementia Connection Specialist (DCS) seminar, you’ll…
- Receive a fundamental education on this disease, why behavioral expressions occur, and how to best provide engagement and care
- Enhance the quality of life for those you care for
- Foster sensitivity and respect for them
- Learn various communication, engagement, and intervention techniques
- Become well-equipped at handling ADL care
- Enhance your confidence in your caregiving role
- Improve the quality of life for those you care for
For the DCS portion, you’ll receive:
- DCS seminar with six (6) hours of validated dementia training
- Six (6) Continuing Education (CE) hours, if needed
- DCS certification valid for two (2) years
- DCS Workbook and DCS My Toolbox (Caregiver Toolbox)
- 10% off the DCI’s Online Dementia Classroom
Or become a Dementia Connection Specialist Certified Trainer (DCSCT)! Gain the benefits of becoming a DCS. Increase your credibility as a treating professional in this field, becoming an asset to your organization. And assist in the wide-spread need to train others on this disease. With this certification, you can train other healthcare professionals and family caregivers to become DCS’s. Earn extra money while helping a much needed cause! Open to all healthcare professionals with a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent.
For the DCSCT portion, you’ll receive:
- DCSCT seminar with seven (7) hours of validated dementia training
- Seven (7) Continuing Education (CE) hours, if needed
- DCSCT certification valid for two (2) years
- DCSCT Workbook and DCSCT Seminar My Toolbox
- Digital marketing materials
- 20% off the DCI’s Online Dementia Classroom