- This event has passed.
Beginning Again Retreat
August 3, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until August 7, 2020
Please join us for five days beginning August 3 for a special event to support those adjusting to life after the death of a family member. During our retreat, Beginning Again, we’ll connect you to support and resources to help you heal and find your next steps forward.
Through our retreat, we hope we provide you a break by connecting you to others who understand. We also want our retreat to feel like a chance for you to reflect so you can receive and begin to recover.
Our virtual retreat will last for five days and will begin August 3. Our retreat will offer daily special workshops beginning at Noon ET (11 a.m. CT, 9 a.m. PT) and ending at 2 p.m. ET (1 p.m. CT, 11 a.m. PT. We’ll also offer special evening workshops on August 4, 5 and 6 that will begin at 8 p.m. ET (7 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. PT) and end at 9 p.m. ET (8 p.m. CT, 6 p.m. PT). Sessions will last either 25 minutes or 50 minutes.
Each day, we’ll offer sessions that relate to a theme:
- August 3: Our Home. How do we adjust our home to honor our family member while creating a space for us to grieve and find our way forward?
- August 4: Our Work. How do we do our work even as we grieve? How can our work reflect our current values and priorities? How can our career help our advocacy work?
- August 5: Our Relationships. How can we find forgiveness and healing in our relationships? How can we take steps to create new relationships?
- August 6: Our Loose Ends. How do we stay organized as we settle our family member’s estate and close out details relating to our family member’s life and death?
- August 7: Our Selves. How do we take care of our bodies, minds and souls as we consider what could be our next steps in our lives?